Having a glass of wine after a long day seems normal to the masses. You home from work, kick off your shoes, making it on the lazy boy couch, and you sip on some lovely red wine. But, what if on this particular day, you start to get a headache after your first glass? You think you’re just experiencing allergy-like symptoms so you pay it no mind. Then come the wheezing and skin flushes that resemble hives. Now you start to worry.
You call a doctor to see what it could be, you haven’t eaten anything in hours. Your doctor tells you, that sadly you may have an intolerance to alcohol.
Yes, it’s unfortunate but true. You can have an intolerance to alcohol. More times than not most people who do have this rarity of an intolerance, have reactions to red wine, then followed by whiskey, beer, and then the other types of wine. This is intolerance could also be from the food from which it is based, like grapes or grains. Or it may be other substances within the drink itself. Read More